Evernote and the "Gradebook"

Our 21st Century Coordinator is hosting several Techie Tuesdays throughout the month of June. I was out of town for the first 3 but made it for the latest one.  One of my colleagues gave a presentation on Evernote. She discussed how she uses it to plan and organize her lessons in her 5th grade science class.
It was fabulous!


Evernote is designed for note taking and archiving. A "note" can be a typed or handwritten piece of information, a voice recording, or a photo. You can also upload file attachments. 

I started thinking about using it as my "gradebook." 
I don't give grades, but I do document all the time to support my professional observations about student growth and the report card. 

This spring, I read a post on Cara Carroll's The First Grade Parade about one of her colleagues having the kiddos snap a picture of the hands-on activity they were working on in order to show her their progress. Genius!

I also saw another blog post about a teacher that uses Evernote to document and comment on her students' writing. Another Genius idea! 

At the end of the year, my next door neighbor (at school....we share a door between classrooms...It is awesome) were discussing keeping digital documents of kiddos work and not 50 million spiral notebooks along with copies of the work when Evernote popped into my mind! 

I immediately signed up for a free account.  I'll probably upgrade to premium before school starts.
I've been watching some tutorials on you tube and talking about it more with my colleagues.

I'm going to jump in with both feet and give it my all.

As I set up everything on Evernote, I'll post some pics!  

Do you use Evernote?


No comments

Back to Top